Saturday, March 9, 2013

There's always an upside

   So, the grad ball was last night and all so that was a hurricane I'm done with at least. Most of the day was spent in school as we had Gratitude Day and I'm glad I did.We arrived a bit late but thankfully it started late so we still got to start it. We had the talk from an alumni which was nice. I almost cried when the teachers gave a sort of thanksgiving and farewell speech for the seniors, the love was just amazing. After that, we wrote how our family has been a blessing to us and dad's was amazing as he rarely opened up so that was really just, amazing. Afterwards, we had lunch which was catered and so yummy and man, the thought of the food we ate is making me hungry again haha.

   Once lunch was finished, we were supposed to proceed to the peace garden to have our pictures taken, one formal and one informal, it was really funny, the pictures the people came out with. At that point, the people going to grad ball started leaving and I tried to ignore that as I went to the classroom we were assigned to with my parents. We sat down with one of my best friends behind us. We were told to watch this clip which was sort of a letter for the children from parents for when they get old and we were told to hold each other's hands and affirm our parents that we'd take care of them no matter what and then dad just had to point out that among all my friends, I should be the one there since I was the one who had a guy and then I started crying and all because I knew it was true and it was one of the reasons why it hurt so much.
 
   After we were given pieces of cardboard to draw a family symbol and ours was a tree that bore hearts, happiness and peace as it's fruit, we were called to explain it and all and you know, it was just fun. Our last activity was the blessing of the parents to their kids and I just kept crying because of all the love that surrounded me and the grad ball didn't seem so bad to miss after all. We ate merienda and then proceeded to the chapel and I sat in front as I was a reader. Man, one of the longest masses I've ever gone to, the homily in itself was an hour but it was good that it was funny, otherwise I would've fell asleep so the activity ended an hour later, we gave our parents roses and we were the ones who gave the host to one another.

   By the end of it, I was feeling so loved that I didn't care what was about to happen or whether he brought a date or not, I was just happy to have a family. We picked up Agatha and I was allowed to buy ice cream and thus, the rest of the night was spent with my in my comfiest jammies curled up with a bowl of cookies n' cream ice cream and did a marathon of Doctor Who, great night :D

Now it's Sunday and I'm frustrated on how to feel as my gratitude is battling my depression but my chest just hurts from all the conflict because well, yes, he brought a date and I just can't believe this is the end but it is and well, I just made a playlist for my feelings (mostly the sad part)

THE JC PLAYLIST:

apologize- one republic
don't speak- glee cast
baby don't you break my heart slow cover- taylor swift
the last time - taylor swift feat. gary lightbody
broken strings- james morrison feat. nelly furtado
candles- hey monday
fix a heart - demi lovato
exit wounds- the script
i almost do - taylor swift
lies- marina and the diamonds
sad- maroon 5
gravity- sara bareilles
six degrees of separation- the script
we were happy- taylor swift
torn- natalia imburglia
you will never be- julia sheer
fix you- coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment